Represent the Needs of Home buyers During the Real Estate Transaction
The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. The designation program establishes a foundation of training, skills, and resources to help real estate professionals succeed as a buyer’s representative.
The ABR® designation’s two-day core course is specifically designed to: help you conduct a buyer counseling session, sign buyer-clients to a written buyer representation agreement, negotiate buyer-clients’ offers, and bring the transaction to a successful close.
When you decide to earn your ABR® designation, you gain:
- Ongoing specialized information, programs, and updates that help you stay on top of the issues and trends associated with buyer representation.
- Access to members-only benefits such as marketing tools and resources, which provide an additional competitive edge for ABR® designees.
The ABR® designation provides many membership benefits to help your business and network grow. Here are just a few:
- homebuying.realtor — features our home buying tips blog, which explains why it is important for consumers to work with an ABR® designee.
- Photofy — download the app to access a library of shareable content for ABR® designees, formatted for multiple social media platforms.
- Customizable Marketing Tools & REBAC Print Shop — professionally designed postcards, ads, consumer handouts, and more available for download in your Member Center, or order and mail professinally printed materials conveniently online, for a great price.
- Homebuyer’s Toolkit — a handy 37-page booklet that walks consumers through the home buying process and encourages them to work with an ABR® designee.
- Consumer One-Sheets — printable handouts on home buying topics. Perfect for a homebuyer counseling session.
- ABR® Referrals & Networking Community — a private Facebook group where ABR® designees can interact and share referrals across the U.S. and around the world.
- Find an ABR® — an international directory of ABR® designees where both homebuyers and REALTORS® search to find qualified REALTORS® in a desired location.
- Homebuyer’s Seminar Guide — instructions on how to plan and present your own homebuyer’s seminar.
- Today’s Buyer’s Rep — monthly print newsletter that keeps members informed about timely issues, events, and member benefit updates.
- TBR HotSheet — weekly e-newsletter with briefs and links to stories pertaining to buyer’s representatives.
- Digital Digest — A monthly email alerting members to the availability of two member benefits — the Today’s Buyer’s Rep newsletter and RISMedia’s Real Estate Magazine.
These five (5) requirements must be met to attain and use the ABR® designation:
- Successful completion of the two-day ABR® Designation Course.
- Successful completion of one elective course.
- Five completed transactions in which the ABR® candidate acted solely as a buyer’s representative.
- Membership in good standing in the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC). Course enrollment includes a free, one-year membership with REBAC. Annual dues are $110 each year thereafter.
- Maintain active membership status with the National Association of REALTORS®.